My greatest escape from the chaos of mankind is through Native American prayer and traditions. It is with nature when God’s presence is deeply felt in my soul.
As I feel the balmy winds across my face, and observe birds singing, flying and playing, my soul heals. This is how the indigenous people prayed so long ago. And, this is how I wish to pray.
It’s simple and natural for me to be one with nature. I felt this in my younger years. But, once free from.the day to day grind, I could listen deeply to the sounds of the forest, the sea, and the desert, where we live now. It is these moments when I feel and see God the most.
It’s mid December in the Sonora. The temperature is 70ish, very little wind and beautifully silent. I can only hear the birds singing like a perfectly orchestrated chorus. These are the moments for prayer to the higher powers of the Universe.
This is when I feel my whole being. I’m now one with nature. I can live and love in the moment with nature as my guiding star.
The Elders remind us of the values we all share each day, especially during the Holidays. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and, a most happy and prosperous New Year 2024.
The Elders teach us to… from.Pow Wow Trail 2023.
- Get up with the sun to pray. Pray alone.
- Be tolerant of those who have lost their way. Ignorance, presumption, anger, jealousy and greed come from a lost soul. Pray for them to find guidance.
- Find yourself, by your own means. Do not let others make your path for you. It is your path, and only yours. Others may walk with you, but no one can make your way (or walk your path) for you.
- Treat guests in your home with great consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
- Do not take what is not yours, whether from a person, a community, from the jungle or from a culture. It was not given or won. It is not yours.
- Respect all the things that are on this earth, be they people, plants and animals.
- Honor the thoughts, desires and words of all people. Never break them in, or make fun of them, or imitate them rudely. It gives each person the right to their personal expression.
- Never talk about others in a bad way. The negative energy you put into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
- All people make mistakes. And all the mistakes can be forgiven.
- Bad thoughts cause illness to the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
- Nature is not FOR us. It is PART of us. She’s part of your family in the world.
- Children are the seeds of our future. Sow love in your hearts and water them with wisdom and life lessons. When they grow up, just give them space to grow up.
- Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of their suffering will return to you.
- Be true (transparent ) all the time. Honesty is the test of one’s will in this universe.
- Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental person, your Spiritual person, your Emotional person, and your Physical person: they all have the need to be strong, pure and healthy.🌹