Training Teachers and Mentors to be Trauma Informed…video clip
Crittenton Children’s Center, Saint Luke’s Health System
Crittenton Children’s Center has excelled for more than a century at effectively treating the mental and behavioral health care needs of children, adolescents, and their families. Our facility offers a child and adolescent psychiatric hospital, foster care and adoption case management, intensive in-home services, school-based intervention, and more.
Crittenton Children’s Center:
- Provides more actively practicing board-certified psychiatrists than any other similar facility in the region
- Uses multiple evidence-based therapy interventions to ensure the best outcomes for patients
- Is licensed as a psychiatric hospital by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Is licensed as a Child Placing Agency and Residential Child Care Agency by the Missouri Department of Social Services-Children’s Division
- Trauma Smart program is a highly successful early childhood trauma intervention program designed to help heal children 3-5 years of age
My Journey of Healing in Life after Trauma, Part 2, will be released on Friday August 14, 2015. The non-fiction narrative represents 4 years of outreach and research captured in my blog, Children and Families in Life after Trauma. Selected topics are organized in 8 chapters focused on trauma affected family circumstances and positive outcomes.
This 3rd book release is about my personal journey of healing. I write as a survivor of childhood and early adult trauma growing up in a toxic military family torn apart by WWII and Korean War. My blog, Children and Families in Life after Trauma provides rich content for this e-book. The narrative carries the reader on a story of inspiration, passion, and discovery of the roots of trauma-affected children and provides strategies for parents, teachers, and loved ones to help mitigate the suffering.
Steve Sparks, Author, Reconciliation: A Son’s Story, My Journey of Healing in Life after Trauma, Part 1 & 2… Click highlighted text for my author page.